15 January 2014

KBShimmer Winter 2013 Collection : Part 1

KBShimmer is one of my favourite indie brands, with good reason. Their formula is consistent and their collections are always exciting and unique. Today I'm going to show you one colour from their winter collection and two that are a part of their blogger collection.

Base & top coat used: essie First Base and Gelous

First up we have Snow Flaking Way, which was from the winter collection. Christy Rose's inspiration for this one was midnight snow flurries. The blurple jelly base is nicely pigmented and there was a good distribution of glitter. The snowflakes did sink (as most large glitter does) but I had no problems fishing out several. Because they are large and flat they do stick out a bit on the curve of my nail but it's not annoying at all. Shown here is three coats.


Next is Will Yule Marry Me, which is a collaboration with Chelsea from The Nail Network. Chelsea's inspiration for this polish was Christmas Eve, which is when she got engaged! The navy blue (pulls more like a blackened teal on me) crelly base of this is AMAZING and the glitter distribution was perfect. Plus, I have a weakness for circle glitter. It's still a blingy polish but somehow seems more understated or sophisticated. This is my favourite from the whole collection! Shown here is three coats.


Finally, we have Plum Tuckered Out, which was a collaboration with Sheila from Pointless Cafe. Ungh, I'm dead. That shimmer - so, so gorgeous! This plum creme had an amazing formula with the most incredible blue shimmer which is highly visible on the nail. I love the simplicity of this one - it was another favourite from the collection. Shown here is two coats.


So, those are the three stand-alones that I purchased from the collection. Aren't they all stunning? Keep an eye out, on Friday I will be showing you the three glitter toppers that I purchased.

KBShimmer
| Shop - US | Harlow & Co - Canada & International | Facebook |
 



2 comments:

  1. Will Yule Marry Me is so pretty and classy! It's really unique, too. I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous in person and the holo glitter really shines.

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS